Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Reward of Seeking Wisdom

I have not kept up with my commitment to read my bible and of course, it is a reflection on my posting. I have allowed my human side to over come what I know the Lord would want me to do which is to pray and be a good steward, which will help in any circumstances. In addition, as I chose a bible verse to read today, I was compelled to Proverbs 3. I have a calendar on my desk from Thrivent for Lutherans, it has a picture of a cactus that has blooms on the top, and it said, “When the going gets tough, look for the Lord’s hand at work.” So, in reading Proverbs there were some verses that really hit home and I’m sure we all need to hear them once in a while so here they are- Proverbs 3:5 : Trust in the Lord with all your heart , and do not rely on your own insight.” 3:9 Honor the Lord with your substance and with the first fruits of all your produce; 3:19 The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding he established the heavens;
Proverbs 3: 21-22 My son, keep sound wisdom and discretion; let them not escape from your sight and they will be life for your soul. In addition, the one that really choke me up is 3:25-26… Do not be afraid of sudden panic, or of the ruin of the wicked, when it comes; for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.

Now, I’m sure you are saying the same thing I was saying when I read it! WOW! However, I believe it’s a message that we should not allow ourselves to be so busy worrying about what going on today. Perhaps we should really step back and let the Lord do his work. We have to learn to depend on the Lord to help us through the time where in. It’s hard for everyone, people out of work, not knowing how to make ends meet. Ultimately, the Master plan maker is in control and as long as you believe and do what he asks of you, he will work it out. It is hard, I know Lord knows, I know…but he is all we have that we can depend on, so let him work it out and be patient. (Easily said, right… I’m trying!)

No comments: