Friday, January 16, 2009

Christian / Gospel music, are you really listening to the words and what do you think it’s trying to say?

Zechariah 10 1:10

I started reading this passage and seem to get a little lost, but a gospel song that I heard distracted me and I can’t get it out of my mind. I have been having strange dreams about Christian or Gospel music lately and during that same day, something reminds me of the song or part of the song that make me say hum! I think its “God’s” way of making me listen to him…I don’t know what it is, either that or I’m going crazy. Nevertheless, a friend of mind told me not to question it just listen. Anyway,…It’s a gospel sound by Byron Cage…and I’m learning that any music that talks about Jesus is beautiful no matter how and what forum it’s in you just have to listen to the artist words. E.g., Zumba class, ha, ha! You have to be there to understand.

But back to my point, I hear Byron Cage song title
“The Presence of the Lord” and the way the song goes is. “ The Presence of the Lord is here, The Presence of the Lord is here…I feel it in the atmosphere, The Presence of the Lord is here……… The next verse, The Blessing of the Lord is here, The Blessing of the Lord is here, I feel it in the atmosphere, The Blessing of the Lord is here, “The Blessing of the Lord is here. So sound the triumphant, ring the alarms, and tell all the people that the “Lord” is here.

Well, in this book it talks about the blessing of the lord. I had to go on-line to the NIV version so I can fully understand what I was reading. My interpretation is, we ask “GOD” for lemon aid and he gives us lemons, so we are blessed. So, share the good news with a friend or even a neighbor when he or she is down or disappointed with what life is dishing out. Let them know not to give up and keep praising “GOD” in good or bad times. (I know, I'm making it sound good right!)

But you have to believe and remember, “We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us’! Philippians 4:13 this happens to be one of my favor bible verse by the way.

No comments: